Every project must have a set of requirements. These are typically set out by the client but sometimes these are unclear or even non-existent. This might be for various reasons, for example:
- The client is operating in a sphere outside of their experience;
- They might have discussed things verbally but never documented them;
- The top level requirements may exist but have not been developed into lower level requirements
- The requirements may be of poor quality, i.e. not singular, not measurable or testable, not stated at the correct level of abstraction;
- The client might have asked you or a third party to document the requirements on their behalf and this then never happened;
- Requirements might have changed but never captured formally
And so on……
We will help you to address this problem head on. Our very simple motto is that it’s never too late to do the right thing and write down the requirements. This then provides a framework for system test and proving and for getting off job.
We will work with your team to ensure there is a usable set of requirements. This will inevitably involve working with your client to resolve any difficulties. We can also assist in detailed requirements analysis if this is required.
However, from a project management perspective we are quite straight-forward – get your requirements documented properly and move on to deliver against them.